Urgent recall: Contamination fear on popular milk brands
Popular brands of milk have been recalled by the food safety regulator after they were found to be contaminated with cleaning solution.
Customers of Victoria's leading supermarkets – Coles, Woolworths, IGA and other independent stores – have been urged not to drink the milk and return it for a refund.
Coles has also advised customers from Lavington, Deniliquin and Albury in NSW to also return their affected milk.
Affected brands are:
- Coles Full Cream Milk 1lt bottles
- Coles Low Fat Milk 1lt bottles
- Coles Skim Milk 1lt bottles
- Pauls Full Cream Milk 1lt bottles
- Pauls Smarter White Milk 1lt bottles
- REV 1lt bottles
- PhysiCAL Low Fat 1lt bottles
- PhysiCAL Skim 1lt bottles
*use by dates range from 25 June to 27 June (see image)
Food Standards Australia and New Zealand said the milk might have a yellow colour and a metallic taste.
It advised anyone concerned about their health to seek medical advice.