To which soundtrack would you like to farewell the world?
To which soundtrack would you like to farewell the world? Or is it for a loved one’s funeral you need to organise the tunes? Whatever songs you choose, you may wish to evoke a certain feeling – such as the essence of the person who’s passed away. Will it be sentimental, lively, fun or bittersweet?
To get the ideas flowing, here are our top 10 picks.
10. “Candle in the Wind” – Elton John
“Your candle burned out long before your legend never did”
9. “Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life” – Monty Python
“And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow”
8. “Unforgettable” – Nat King Cole
“Unforgettable in every way,
And forever more, that's how you'll stay.”
7. “My Heart will go on” – Celine Dion
“Every night in my dreams I see you, I feel you.
That is how I know you go on.”
6. “Somewhere over the Rainbow” – Judy Garland
“Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow, why, then oh why can't I?”
5. “Wind beneath my wings” – Bette Midler
“Did you ever know that you're my hero, and everything I would like to be?”
4. What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
“And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.”
3. “We’ll meet again” – Vera Lynn
“But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day.”
2. Let it Be – The Beatles
“For though they may be parted…
…There will be an answer, let it be”
1. My Way – Frank Sinatra
“I've lived a life that's full
And more, much more than this, I did it my way”
What will your special song be? And do you think it matters to have this final ‘word’?
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles