The Viking Longships are a new class of vessel marked by sophistication and inviting design coupled with high tech and patent pending features.
The Viking Longships are a new class of vessel marked by sophistication and inviting design coupled with high tech and patent pending features. Can you imagine a better way to travel the cool, calming rivers of Europe?
Designed by celebrated maritime architects Yran & Storbraaten, the team behind the Disney Dream and the Yachts of Seabourn; and Los Angeles based Rottet Studios, the team behind the Beverly Hills Hilton’s Penthouse, the new ships integrate cutting edge technology with amenities which reflect guest preferences and recent travel trends.
The highlights of travelling on such innovative and luxurious ships include:
- a revolutionary new all-weather indoor/outdoor Aquavit Terrace
- two Explorer Suites, the largest river cruise suites in Europe at 445 square feet, all are with separate living room, bedroom and private wraparound veranda offering 270-degree views.
- asymmetrical corridor design allowing for more space, hence more Veranda Suites and Staterooms.
- sustainability upgrades, such as solar panels, on board organic herb garden and energy efficient hybrid engines for a smooth ride with reduced vibrations.
- premium in-cabin amenities including heated bathroom floors and mirrors, Sony HD TV’s and L’Occitane bath products.
With eight additional vessels in 2013 across the European waterways, Viking will have invested over $400 million in its fleet development, maintaining its crown as the world’s leading river cruise line.
Find out more about innovative craft which will take you on your next Viking River Cruise.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles