This tour has it all – desert landscapes, fabulous sunsets, Aboriginal artwork, gorges flowing and unique wildlife – allowing you to discover the diverse Central Australia.
The fabulous itinerary takes in the best of the best between Darwin and Adelaide, including Katherine, Alice Springs and Coober Pedy. Experience the beauty of Darwin and Kakadu, before you board one of Australia’s truly iconic trains, the legendary Ghan. On board, you’ll enjoy the comfort and solitude of your own private cabin, lose yourself in conversation with newfound travelling companions, or simply gaze out the window taking inspiration from the ever-changing landscape.
The Ghan takes you to some of the most remote, yet captivating parts of Australia in style and luxury. All the delicious food onboard is included in your fare, from a hearty cooked breakfast to a delectable three-course dinner.
Your tour concludes in beautiful Adelaide, where you’ll spend two nights and explore all that this great city has to offer. This distinctly Australian journey includes a series of immersive off-train excursions, as well as touring before and after your Ghan rail journey. The included touring adds another exciting dimension to your holiday, allowing you to immerse yourself in the beauty you’ve been admiring from the comfort of your Ghan cabin.
- jumping crocodile cruise on the Adelaide River
- tour of Coober Pedy
- Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre
- time to explore Mindil Beach Markets
- half-day tour of World War II sites in Darwin
- a full-day trip to Litchfield National Park
- Gold Service journey from Darwin to Adelaide on The Ghan, including all meals, beverages and off train excursions
- Adelaide Central Markets
- afternoon city sightseeing tour of Adelaide
- a full day trip to the Adelaide Hills and Barossa Valley
- time to explore historic Hahndorf Village, with its German theme dating from 1838
- visit Jacobs Creek Winery Visitor Centre.
So, why not book your guided Ghan expedition at www.travelteam.com.au