One of Australia’s tourism icons has had a multi-million dollar makeover.
One of Australia’s tourism icons, the Spirit of Tasmania, has had a multi-million dollar makeover. So, let’s see what’s on offer.
Spirit One’s fresh new look was unveiled to the public this week, and it is expected that Spirit Two will be ready by the end of the month.
The ship-wide changes that are designed to greatly enhance the visitor experience. The changes include a new internal décor, lighting and colour schemes, a revamping of the lounge and deck areas, a new self-service restaurant and fully refurbished deluxe cabins, plus new soft furnishing in all the other cabins.
Another welcome change is that both the new restaurant TMK (Tasmanian Market Kitchen) and the grab and go shop, The Pantry, will be making use of quality Tasmanian products.
Other changes and additions that will please passengers are:
- two new cinemas, screening latest release movies
- the recliner lounge has been completely refurbished with new comfortable recliners equipped with individual reading lights, tray table and a USB port
- a refurbished upper deck with astroturf flooring, deck chairs and stylish lounges
- the three stylish new bars, Bar 7, Top Deck Lounge and Terrace Bar, will showcase Tasmanian wines, ciders and beers along with a variety of bar snacks
- an upgraded tourist information hub to assist passengers to plan their holiday
- 28 new flat-screen TVs located throughout the ships.
To celebrate the refurbishment, Spirit of Tasmania is offering $75 sailings in September. Find out more at Spiritoftasmania.com.au
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles