Going through customs before boarding a plane can be one of the more frustrating travel experiences. Sure, there’s safety at stake and all that, but it’s another long line between you and your destination that can take ages to navigate.
Quite often the reason it takes you so long to move to the front of the line is because of the travellers who try to take unsafe items on board.
Many of you know about not taking flammable substances and sharp objects in your carry-on bag, but there are also some surprising items that won’t make it through customs.
1. Christmas crackers
2. snow globes
3. gel-type candles
4. jams and spreads with a gel-like consistency
5. wrapped presents are allowed, but you may be asked to unwrap them for screening
6. tools longer than 17cm
7. used sunscreen
8. any half-used liquid or gel in a bottle or tube that exceeds 100ml
9. nail scissors or nail files
10. sporting goods, excluding balls
11. gel-type shoe inserts.
Do any of these items surprise you? Have you ever had something surprising removed from your baggage?
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles