An annual tally of TripAdvisor reviews reveals Australia’s ‘best’ restaurants.
TripAdvisor has revealed what it thinks are the top-ranking restaurants in Australia and the nation’s foodie capital has curiously been snubbed.
The travel platform announced the winners of the Fine Dining and Every Dining categories in its annual Travellers’ Choice Awards, based on the reviews from TripAdvisor members in the past year.
“Restaurant-goers rely on candid reviews and guidance from other TripAdvisor users to discover restaurants of all types, from local hidden gems to famous restaurants all over the world,” said senior vice president for TripAdvisor Restaurants Bertrand Jelensperger.
Friends Restaurant in Perth took out the top spot for Fine Dining in Australia, and Brisbane’s George’s Paragon Seafood Restaurant received the top spot in the Everyday Dining category.
New South Wales had the most winning restaurants, while Melbourne didn’t receive a mention in the top 10 Fine Dining category and just two in the Everyday top 10.
Contemporary Australian was ranked the most popular cuisine across the two categories, followed by Japanese and Thai, and half of the Aussie restaurants receiving a gong offered beautiful water views.
Fine Dining Award Winners
‘High-end, special occasion restaurants known for impeccable food and service.’
1. Friends Restaurant – Perth, Western Australia
2. Sage – Canberra, ACT
3. The Stunned Mullet – Port Macquarie, New South Wales
4. fermentAsian – Tanunda, South Australia
5. Spirit House – Yandina, Queensland
6. China Doll – Sydney, New South Wales
7. Pee Wee’s at the Point – Darwin, Northern Territory
8. Watergate Restaurant & Lounge Bar – Port Douglas, Queensland
9. Bacchus – Brisbane, Queensland
10. Sake Restaurant & Bar – Sydney, New South Wales
Everyday Dining Award Winners
‘Restaurants that provide great meals for any occasion that don’t break the bank.’
1. George’s Paragon Seafood Restaurant – Brisbane, Queensland
2. Fish At The Rocks – Sydney, New South Wales
3. Grill Steak Seafood Restaurant – Melbourne, Victoria
4. Chin Chin – Melbourne, Victoria
5. Hugos Manly – Manly, New South Wales
6. Farmhouse Kings Cross – Sydney, New South Wales
7. Petition – Perth, Western Australia
8. Tha Fish – Cairns, Queensland
9. Salt House – Cairns, Queensland
10. The Grounds of Alexandria – Sydney, New South Wales
Have you eaten at any of these restaurants?
If you enjoy our content, don’t keep it to yourself. Share our free eNews with your friends and encourage them to sign up.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles