It’s been a big year in travel. Personally, my highlights included a visit to Vietnam, crewing a tall ship in the Whitsundays, driving across Tasmania's west coast in winter and finally having my first Top End experience.
I was lucky to be a guest with some great organisations, such as Webjet Exclusives, Asia Vacation Group, Tourism Tasmania, Tourism NT, Tourism Whitsundays and Hilton Double Tree. I was treated so well and I can highly recommend using these vendors and visiting these states for a ripper holiday.
If I had to choose my top travel experience of the year, I'd have to spend a year thinking about it. So, I'll give you my top five (in no particular order):
- Riding through the streets of Hoi An in Vietnam (and getting temporarily lost) at night with my now good friend Elspeth Callender (as a guest of Webjet Exclusives and Asia Vacation Group)
- Cruising the Gordon River in Tasmania with Gordon River Cruises
- Sitting under a waterfall at a secret pool at Buley Rockhole in Litchfield Park (as a guest of Tourism NT), with dinner that night at Hanuman as a guest of renowned restaurateur, Jimmy Shu (what a guy!)
- Driving through the snow through the alpine ranges on the coast of Tasmania (as a guest of Tourism Tasmania)
- Being part of the Derwent Hunter crew and sailing through the Whitsundays (as a guest of Tourism Whitsundays)
Honestly, I could name more, and naming my top five was tough. But I'd like to know your 2018 travel highlights, so why not share them with me?
If you have a travel story or a question, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org – we'd love to hear from you!
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles