From the City of Churches to the Red Centre and onto tropical Darwin, a trip to the Australian Outback is surely the ultimate adventure, especially when you can Fly Free.
You read that right. Book your 15-Day Outback Ultimate Adventure Guided Holiday and you’ll Fly Free to Adelaide from all state capital cities.
Experience the epicurean delights of Adelaide’s Clare Valley before winding down at the breathtaking Wilpena Pound. Visit Port Augusta then wander through the Woomera on your way to Coober Pedy, where you’ll discover opals and the world-famous dugouts.
Cross the border to the Northern Territory and witness the wonder of the dual World Heritage listed Uluru and Kata Tjuta National Park. Rise early in the morning to experience a Red Centre sunrise; explore sacred sites at Uluru. Then end your day while standing at the base of the great red rock, observing the most scintillating sunset while drinking sparkling wine.
Leaving Uluru may leave a yearning in your heart that will soon be sated by the awe-inspiring spectacle that is King’s Canyon, then Alice Springs will certainly give you an appreciation of the enormous magnitude of The Outback.
After moving on from the Alice, play with The Devil’s Marbles at Karlu Karlu; stop in at Tennant Creek; have a cooling ale and leave your bra at the uber-quirky Daly Waters Historic Pub then enjoy a swim in the crystal-clear waters at Mataranka thermal springs.
At Kakadu you’ll take in the abundant wildlife, including all manner of birds, and make sure you snap a pic at the estuarine crocodiles and soaring sea eagles.
Kakadu National Park is also the site of one of the world’s most significant rock art galleries, Ubirr. Here, you’ll find 20,000-year-old rock paintings featuring some of the longest historical records of any group of people on Earth.
The rock art, or ‘gunbim’ is painted by the Bininj/Mungguy people, who express their cultural identity, spirituality and connection to the land through images of animals, people and entities in naturalistic and ‘X-ray’ form.
The act of painting is considered more important than the art, and the tradition continues to this day, although mainly on bark, canvas and paper.
Your Fly Free holiday packages takes in these experiences – and so much more – including:
- free return flights from most major capital cities
- must-see highlights and local insights
- carefully chosen accommodation
- breakfast daily and most meals
- travel by luxury coach
- airport transfers
- dedicated team of Travel Directors and Driver Guides.
Other tour highlights include:
- join a food expert at Adelaide Central Market
- wine tasting in the Clare Valley
- explore Wilpena Pound
- discover opals at Coober Pedy
- sparkling wine while watching the magnificent Uluru sunset
- explore Kata Tjuta (the Olgas)
- learn about indigenous culture in the Red Centre
- climb Kings Canyon
- meet the Falzon family at Earth Sanctuary for a Be My Guest dinner
- discover the Devils Marbles
- enjoy a refreshing ale at Daly Waters Historic Pub
- swim at Mataranka Thermal Springs
- cruise on Katherine Gorge and discover ancient rock art
- discover wildlife on the Yellow Water Billabong
- view the rock art galleries of Ubirr in Kakadu
- swim beneath Litchfield’s pristine waterfalls
- enjoy a Darwin Harbour dinner cruise.
So, book your 15-Day Outback Adventure Guided Holiday and enjoy free return airfare from $5995* per person twin share. Click here to find out more or to book call 1300 228 546.
*Conditions: Ex. Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Hobart. Departures are from 1 April 2018. For further terms and conditions visit www.aatkings.com/fly-free
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles