Great deal on a 22-day Alaska and Aleutian Islands expedition cruise with flights.
Venture to the far-flung landscape of glaciers, untouched isles and frontier towns on a 22-day Alaska Inside Passage and Aleutian Islands expedition cruise.
Your home base for this extraordinary journey is the MS Roald Amundsen. Launching in 2019, the MS Roald Amundsen is unlike traditional expedition vessels; not only is it leading the way in sustainable travel (powered by electrical propulsion) but it also delivers an incredible on-board experience. Passengers can attend insightful lectures and presentations delivered by the expert Expedition Team and make use of the ship’s world-class facilities such as a wellness centre, swimming pool and three restaurants.
You have some time in Vancouver for independent exploration and sightseeing before embarking on the expedition cruise. Unpack in your cabin or suite and settle into sailing life as the MS Roald Amundsen begins the journey through Canada’s Inside Passage. Weave through the waters surrounding British Columbia – looking out for some of the extraordinary local wildlife along the way – and make the expedition’s first port in Ketchikan. It is then onto Sitka and Icy Strait Point. Learn about indigenous Tlingit culture, see collections of totem poles and take in local architecture at all three ports.
One of the standout sites of the cruise is sure to be Hubbard Glacier. No photos can do this epic landscape justice; it must be seen to be believed. The itinerary sees the ship move around the Gulf of Alaska and to the Alaska Panhandle before arriving in Kodiak and then Kinak Bay. There is a shore excursion through Katmai National Park and Preserve to discover the Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes where you may come across a brown bear feeding along the river. Other stops that follow include Unga Village, an abandoned settlement; Dutch Harbour, a prominent location in Deadliest Catch TV series; St Paul and St Matthew Islands; and finally, Nome in Alaska.
- return Air Canada flights, including 23kg of checked luggage
- one-way flight from Nome to Vancouver
- 16 nights on a Hurtigruten Expedition Cruise, aboard the MS Roald Amundsen, including all meals while on-board, with early-riser and afternoon treats and all-day coffee and tea
- three nights’ twin share accommodation in Vancouver, including porterage
- delicious daily breakfast
- airport transfers in Nome
- on-shore exploration with the Expedition Team, plus a series of included activities while aboard and a range of in-depth lectures covering science, history, biology and geology
- wind- and water-resistant jackets, plus loan of boots, trekking poles and equipment needed for included and optional activities
- English-speaking Expedition Team
- free wifi on-board the cruise
- welcome and farewell events on-board the cruise
- port presentations offering detailed destination insight.
To find out more about this amazing deal, please visit Webjet Exclusives
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles