Experience the Western hospitality and atmosphere at one of the world’s largest rodeo festivals, then journey through the majestic Canadian Rockies and pristine Inside Passage, with this 17-day Calgary Stampede with Rockies tour.
Fly into Calgary, the metropolis in Alberta nicknamed ‘Cowtown’, in time for the city’s biggest annual event: the Calgary Stampede. Spend two days soaking up the atmosphere of the Stampede; attending a rodeo and evening show (with reserved seats at both) and checking out the various other events, such as agricultural competitions, chuckwagon racing and parades. At the end of your Calgary Stampede experience, you have some extra time in the city – perhaps look to visit one of the local galleries, museums or parks – before joining up with the wider group and heading out into the heart of the Canadian Rockies landscape.
Your first touchpoint with the rugged Rockies is Banff, a stylish mountain town that sits within the borders of Banff National Park. You then follow the Trans-Canada Highway to the banks of Lake Louise, the emerald-hued natural wonder so striking it is called the ‘Diamond in the Wilderness’. Enjoy the time you have here to wander around the lake’s banks before stopping in Jasper for an overnight stay. The country surrounding Jasper is rich with wildlife, hiking trails and bicycle tracks, and the town itself has an interesting railway heritage. From Jasper, continue to Kamloops. This city sits at the confluence of the North and South Thompson rivers. It is then onto Whistler, an iconic alpine town renowned for its skiing and snowboarding prospects. Your next stop is Vancouver for a half-day sightseeing tour – including the city’s big sights such as Stanley Park, Gastown, Chinatown and Granville Island – before you step off dry land and onto the Celebrity Eclipse®, your home-away-from-home for the duration of your cruise of the Inside Passage.
You have seven nights on-board the Celebrity Eclipse as this luxurious ship sees you sail into pristine bays, through fjords and past looming glaciers. All meals are included while you are aboard, and you also have use of the ship’s world-class facilities, meaning you can take a dip in the swimming pool, book in for a treatment at the Canyon Ranch Spa, or simply stare out at the passing landscape while you sip a sundowner from one of the bars or lounges. Be on the lookout for some of region’s wildlife – orca whales, bald eagles, puffins, seals and brown bears – as you cruise. Making ports in Ketchikan and Juneau and seeing Hubbard Glacier and Icy Strait Point are just some of the highlights from your Inside Passage cruise.
- return Air Canada flights, including 23kg of checked luggage
- arrive hotel transfer in Calgary and arrival port transfer in Vancouver
- two days at the Calgary Stampede, including one reserved Main Level Rodeo seat, one Balcony Level Evening Show seat, one Calgary Stampede souvenir program, Calgary Stampede cowboy hat and tote bag, two WestJet Skyride tickets across Stampede Park, entry tickets to Stampede Park valid for both days, 20 per cent discount voucher at Calgary Stampede Store and Lammle’s stores across Alberta
- three nights’ twin share accommodation including porterage while touring the Canadian Rockies
- seven nights’ accommodation aboard the award-winning Celebrity Eclipse cruising the Inside Passage, including all meals while on-board
- delicious daily breakfast
- in-depth sightseeing as per the itinerary
- dedicated air-conditioned coach transport and a professional Webjet tour guide
- all national park entrance fees
- on-board gratuities while on the cruise.
To find out more about this amazing deal, please visit Webjet Exclusives
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles