If you feel silly making a claim because you overslept and missed your flight, or accidently threw away your passport – don’t worry, many people make far more ridiculous travel insurance claims.
1. After vomiting over the side of a cruise ship and losing his false teeth, a pensioner made a claim for a new set of dentures under ‘lost baggage’.
2. On returning to their lodge whilst on holiday in Malaysia, a couple found that monkeys had stolen their clothes and scattered them all across the neighbouring rainforest.
3. Even relaxing and reading a book can be dangerous – a holidaymaker in Sri Lanka needed hospital treatment after a coconut fell on her head while she lay in the shade.
4. Bringing home a reminder of your trip may be commonplace, but this Canadian holidaymaker took it too far when he decided a tattoo would be the best souvenir. He was prescribed ointment to deal with an initial reaction to the ink, but developed an even more severe reaction to the cream.
5. And finally, the world’s friendliest mouse isn’t so friendly after all as a tourist riding the New York subway found out. She was held at gunpoint and robbed by ‘Mickey Mouse’.
Have you ever thought of making a crazy travel insurance claim but decided against it?
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles