Two days in Dublin on a budget? Easy! Just follow these ten great tips to make the most of your tourist dollar in one of the friendliest capitals in the world.
- Start at the Dublin Visitors Centre where you will find a wealth of information on free activities, local history and how to make the most of your stay.
- Download the free Visit Dublin App – this is a great way to get around town, with guidance and audio travel information at your finger tips.
- Founded in 1592, there is no finer university than Trinity College slap bang in the Centre of historic Dublin. Here you will find the famous Book of Kells and enjoy access to centuries of learning in the hallowed ‘Old Library’. Admission is free.
- Along Grafton Street is located a stunning Beaux Arts building. Combine a rest break, historic architecture and a snack.
- Consider a stroll in Phoenix Park – an integral part of Dublin’s history and home to stunning examples of Georgian townhouses
- Take a local double decker bus and enjoy the view for a fraction of the price of the tourist bus.
- Download the Heritage Island Discount Pass for great discounts in Dublin and beyond.
- Make sure you visit a pub for the craic, the atmosphere and the unforgettable music. Try the The Brazen Head or the Dames’ Head.
- Alternatively join an organised pub crawl with local musicians who sing and tell the history of Irish music, starting in Temple Bar.
- Many Dublin museums are free to enter and provide hours of entertainment. The Dublin Writers Museum is a must-see and for a modest entrance fee you can fill a day.
Would you like to experience Dublin for yourself? Tourism Ireland is offering you the chance to win a trip for two, including return economy flights, seven nights in an authentic Irish B&B and one week’s car hire. Competition closes 30 April 2012, so what are you waiting for, jump in!