Enduring Guardianship

For many years people have been able to appoint a person to make decisions about their money and property if they lose the capacity to do this for themselves. This document is called an enduring power of attorney. It is now possible for an adult with capacity to also appoint an enduring guardian to make personal or lifestyle decisions for another person when that person is no longer capable of doing so.

These decisions could relate to where the person lives, such as a hostel or nursing home, health care matters, personal services to be received such as home support services and meals on wheels.

For detailed information, check the Guardianship Authority in your State or Territory. The NSW Guardianship Tribunal has comprehensive information on enduring guardianship.
Go there

Leave a Reply

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Claiming a UK pension

Sweet Potato Casserole