Ready for some armchair travel? Here are the top 12 boutique hotels in the world.
Let’s face it, boutique hotels have that je ne sais quoi that make them more appealing than larger hotel chains. Perhaps it’s because they make you feel more at home, or maybe because they are infinitely more interesting than the Sofitels of the world.
Luxury boutique travel experts, Mr & Mrs Smith, has just announced its 2016 Hotel Awards. With awards across 12 categories, an expert panel of judges featuring designers, writers, chefs, hoteliers and – more importantly – 25,000 travel-savvy readers, revealed the results last week.
While not the most affordable places to stay, this could either be the wanderlust you can have from the comfort of your armchair, or one to add to the bucket list next time you want to splurge. The even better news is that the overall winner is right here in our own backyard – no international flights required!
Take a look at the best in boutique hotels below and tell us which one makes your bucket list. Have you been to any of the winners? Or is there a boutique hotel that you think beats the 12 listed here?
1. World’s Sexiest Bedroom – Keemala, Thailand
2. Best Date-Night Bar – The London Edition, UK
3. Best Gourmet Getaway – The Old Clare, Australia
4. Coolest Creative Hub – Fogo Island Inn, Canada
5. Pool with a View – Grand Hotel Tremezzo, Italy
6. Best-Dressed Hotel – Palazzo Margherita, Italy
7. Hottest Hotel Soundtrack – Fazenda Nova, Portugal
8. Most Spoiling Spa – Amanemu, Japan
9. Local Hotel Hero – Howard, US
10. Best Family Hotel – Treehotel, Sweden
11. Above & Beyond – Awasi, Patagonia, Chile
12. Best Smith Hotel – Halcyon House, Australia
See the full list of winners at Mr & Mrs Smith
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles