Age pension while overseas

Hello my elderly mother (Australian living in QLD) may come to live with me for a while in the USA. Can she still receive her pension, benefits etc if she stays with me for 6 months? Can she get assistance in the cost of her travel to her location with me, she is elderly and suffers from several medical situations?

A.Answer provided by Centrelink General Manager, Hank Jongen.
In most cases, customers receiving Age Pension can continue to be paid if they spend time overseas. Depending on the period of time a person is away, their rate of payment may be affected. Australia has a social security agreement with the USA, which means people can sometimes continue to receive their payments for longer than they would otherwise. Because a range of factors affect whether you can receive Age Pension while overseas, it’s important your mother contact Centrelink about her planned trip as soon as possible. Contact Centrelink’s International Services Team on +61 3 6222 3455 for more information