Our delicious ‘Coffee Cake’ will soon become a favourite. It only takes minutes to make and you won’t need an oven, but simply a mug and a microwave.
Time: Two minutes
- 1 teaspoon butter, plus 1 teaspoon extra
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, plus 1 teaspoon extra
- 1/4 white flour, plus 2 teaspoons extra
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 drops vanilla extract, or to taste
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a mug, heat one tablespoon of butter in the microwave for 10 seconds. Stir two teaspoons sugar into the butter until dissolved. Mix in 1/4 cup flour, applesauce, baking powder, vanilla extract and salt into batter until smooth. Using your hands, mix the extra flour, butter and brown sugar with the cinnamon in a separate bowl, until the batter has the texture of lumpy sand, and then sprinkle over the batter. Cook in the microwave for 50–80 seconds, or until the ‘Coffee Cake’ appears just barely set. Cool before eating.