Try this Greek lentil soup now that the weather has turned cooler.
Our Greek Lentil Soup will fill you up this winter. This hearty soup is full of healthy vegetables and will keep you warm and satisfied for hours.
- 1 cup green lentils, soaked overnight and drained
- 750ml of vegetable stock
- 500ml water
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery (with leaves), diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/4 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Bring the stock and water to the boil, reduce the heat and add the lentils and vegetables. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, garlic, parsley, bay leaf and pepper. Simmer for one hour.
Stir in the olive oil and oregano and season to taste with the sea salt. Cook for a further five minutes then stir through the vinegar.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles