This One-pot Spanish Chicken is an easy, no-mess meal.
Today’s One-pot Spanish Chicken is very similar to paella. Arroz con Pollo means ‘chicken rice’ and is a tasty, traditional dish from Spain and South America.
Time: 35 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 1 teaspoon each of ground cumin, paprika
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock or white wine
- 340g jar chargrilled capsicum, drained, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives (optional)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
In a large, heavy saucepan or deep skillet (with a lid), heat oil on high. Sauté onion for two minutes, then add garlic, and cook for another minute. Add chicken and cook for two minutes, stirring until browned all over. Stir in the spices, cooking until fragrant (about one minute). Mix in rice, stir through. Add in the tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce to low heat and simmer, covered, for around 10 to 15 minutes in total. Add the capsicum, olives and peas about three minutes before the end of cooking.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles