Today’s single-serve Sweet Stuffed Potatoes are a simple South American treat packed with the flavour of fennel and basil, and are ideal for lunch or dinner.
- 1 small sweet potato, unpeeled
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 baby fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoons cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/8 cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Wash the sweet potatoes, cut in half lengthways and place cut-side-up on a baking tray. Spray with the olive oil and bake for 30 minutes.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and fennel for five minutes.
Scoop the flesh out of the sweet potato leaving a shell. Mash the flesh and add the onion mixture, cottage cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the mash into the sweet potato shells and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Spray lightly with oil and bake for 20 minutes.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles