Our Squash Pizza is a simple summer supper and it’s healthy, tasty and quick.
Our Squash Pizza is a simple summer supper and it is healthy, tasty and quick. Serve with a side salad or vegetables.
Serves: Eight slices
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- cooking spray
- 1 (12-inch) packaged pizza base
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely grated pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
Pre heat grill on high. Combine the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, zucchini and yellow squash slices in a large bowl. Toss gently to coat. Place squash mixture on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for two minutes on each side. Reduce grill temperature to medium. Lightly coat pizza base with cooking spray; grill one minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Arrange zucchini and squash over base. Arrange tomatoes over squash; sprinkle with cheese. Grill for five minutes. Remove from grill; sprinkle with basil and oregano.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles