If you’re after a vegetarian meal, our cheap and cheerful Three Bean Salad fits the bill. With fibre, healthy carbs and protein, it is deliciously satisfying – and you won’t miss the meat!
Time: 10 mins, plus two hour marinating time
- 1 cup green beans, blanched and diced
- 1 can chickpeas, washed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, washed and drained
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup vinegaror freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Prepare the vegetables by cutting them into bite size pieces and then add them to a bowl along with the beans and parsley.
To make the dressing, combine the vinegar/lemon juice and oil, and season to taste. Mix as much dressing into the salad as you wish, then cover and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.