Sometimes, life can feel as if it passes by too quickly. But the good news is you can capture it in slow motion – with the Slo-Mo feature on your iPhone (5s or newer).
Not only is the iPhone’s Camera app capable of capturing 1080p HD video, but it also has a couple of cool video features called Slo-Mo and Time Lapse (on 5s or newer).
Shooting in Slo-Mo mode is lots of fun. It records the action slowly and smoothly, and you can create a stunning cinematic effect to something as seemingly mundane as a dog chasing a ball. And the best part is, with the use of Apple’s handy video-edit feature, you have control of the parts of the movie you wish to play back in slow motion.
Here’s how to use the Slo-Mo feature on your iPhone.
- open the Camera app from the Home screen
- above the camera’s red shutter button at the bottom of the screen, there’s a slider that should read ‘Photo’. Swipe to the right until the ‘Slo-Mo’ option sits above the red button; or just tap the word ‘Slo-Mo’ when you see it appear
- tap the red shutter button and record the video just as you would record a regular video
- press the red shutter button when you’ve finished recording, then tap the thumbnail at the bottom left of your screen
- now you can play your video to see what it looks like. You can then drag the sliders at the bottom of the video to adjust which parts you want in slow motion and which parts are at normal speed.
Why not play around with this great feature to see what sort of footage you can turn from simple into superb?
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles