Our Basic Hot Breakfast Bowl is a simple meal, with eggs, bacon and fresh tomato. While it’s tasty enough to eat on its own, why not add your own favourite ingredients to make it even tastier?
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 slice Bacon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 small fresh tomato, fresh
- 1 medium egg
- 1 slice of bread, toasted.
Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon and cook, stirring until browned. Add paprika and oregano and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in vinegar, tomatoes and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for five minutes. Transfer tomato mixture to an185ml capacity ovenproof dish. Using a large spoon, make an indentation in the tomato mixture. Gently break egg into indentation. Bake for 10 minutes or until egg white is set and yolk remains soft. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and serve with toast.