With parmesan cheese, oregano and rosemary, our Baked Cheesy Chicken offers you a taste of Italy. Serve it with homemade coleslaw and mashed potatoes for an all-round tasty dinner.
Time: One hour
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1.8kg (size 18) chicken, cut into eight pieces
- 1 cup egg yolk
Preheat oven to 180°C.
In a large resealable plastic bag, add the cheese, flour and seasonings and combine.
Dip chicken pieces into the egg yolk, then add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Place coasted chicken pieces in a greased baking dish or tray, and bake uncovered for 45–50 minutes, until cooked through.