Egg Fried Rice is a real treat – tasty and packed full of goodness, it’s also great for making the most of leftovers.
- 2 medium eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100g frozen cooked prawns, defrosted
- 100g cooked meat (chicken, pork or ham) and any other leftovers, finely diced
- 100g frozen peas, thawed in water
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 350g cold cooked basmati rice
Lightly beat the eggs with a good pinch of salt and add 1 tablespoon of the spring onion.
Heat a non-stick frying pan or wok, add 1 tablespoon of oil, then add the eggs and scramble them until just set. Remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
Heat the rest of the oil in the pan or wok, add the prawns, meat and peas. After a quick stir, add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, cook for a minute then add the rice and the rest of the spring onion. Add the egg and stir to separate the rice grains.
A great way to finish this dish is to sprinkle with toasted cashews.