Most of us love the creamy taste of a coconut-based curry but could do without the fat content. This Low-fat Fish Curry is delicious but if you don’t like fish, you can substitute with chicken or meat.
Ingredients (serves four)
- 300g white fish, cut into medium-sized cubes
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 1 small red onion finely sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped lemon leaves
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 250ml low fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves
Place white wine, ginger, lemon peel, lemon leaves and red curry paste in a pot and bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
While simmering, whisk coconut milk and cornstarch in a blender until smooth. Spray frying pan with oil and heat. Fry onions and capsicum until tender.
Add coconut milk mixture and vegetables to pan and bring to the boil. Add fish and sugar snap peas and simmer until fish is cooked through.
Add fresh basil leaves and serve with steamed broccoli and brown rice.