Kale is a true superfood. Combining it with other nutritional powerhouses, macadamias and avocado, means this salad is supercharged!
Prep time 20 minutes
Great for lunch
- 100g kale, stalks removed, leaves shredded
- 1 tomato, finely sliced
- 30g macadamias, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut into ribbons
- 80g avocado
- 100g low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
1. Place the kale, tomato, macadamias and zucchini in a large bowl and toss to combine. Arrange on serving plates. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
2. Place the avocado, yoghurt, lemon juice and chilli flakes in a small food processor (or use a hand-held blender) and blitz until smooth.
3. Drizzle the avocado dressing over the salad and serve.
Tip: Use a vegetable peeler to cut the zucchini into ribbons. If you are unable to find kale, baby spinach or rocket leaves also work well in this salad
Nutritional Information (per serve)
Fat total 23.4g
Fat Saturated 5.5g
Dietary fibre 4.9g
Low-carb Solution by Michelle Bridges, published by Macmillan Australia, RRP $36.99.
Have you put kale on the menu in recent years? What other kale recipes do you like?
If you enjoy our content, don’t keep it to yourself. Share our free eNews with your friends and encourage them to sign up.