With a focus on intelligence and proactivity, Apple's latest software update iOS 9.3 comes with a plethora of innovative new features that will change the way you use your phone and go about your day. Here are three standout features that are particularly valuable.
1. Selecting multiple photos
In the past, uploading or sending multiple photos required you to tap individual photos one by one. Now, you can select entire groups of phots at a time simply by sliding you finger across the screen.
Here’s how to select multiple photos:
- in the Photo app, tap Select at the top right of the screen
- place your finger on the first image you want to select
- slide your finger along the screen to include as many photos in the selection as you want.
2. Using Night Shift to sleep better
The latest iPhone update has people buzzing about Night Shift, a feature that changes the colour temperature of your screen to match the time of day. Blue light has long been suspected of ruining sleep by affecting our brain’s production of the sleep hormone, melatonin. Night Shift switches your iPhone’s display to give it an amber hue, which is designed to help ease your brain into sleep mode.
To turn on Night Shift:
- launch the Settings app
- tap Display & Brightness
- select Night Shift
- adjust the brightness, timer and text appearance using the toggle functions.
3. Enabling power-saving mode
With the new Low Power function, your phone will kick into power-saving mode whenever the battery drops below 20 per cent. This works by suspending the background app refresh that your phone would normally perform, and reducing background lighting to conserve power.
To tell whether Low Power Mode is on:
- look for the battery icon in the upper-right corner of the screen
- If your battery is below 20 per cent, the battery icon will display as yellow rather than the usual red, indicating that Low Power Mode is working.
What do you think of these new iOS 9.3 features?
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles