Privacy is becoming a thing of the past, but if you’re eager to reclaim some while you can, then removing your house from Google Street View is a good place to start.
You can request to have your home, car/license place or face removed from Street View. Your face and license place should have been blurred automatically but Google’s algorithm can make mistakes, so if either one appears just let Google know and they will fix it.
How to remove your house from Google Street View
1. Using an up-to-date internet browser on a Mac or PC, locate your address on maps.google.com.au. Simply type your address into the search box, and press enter.
2. Enter Street View by dragging the orange person icon from the bottom right corner onto the map to your house, or, click the image of your house or street at the top left corner.
3. Once you have a clear view of your house in Street View, click ‘Report a problem’ at the bottom right hand corner of the browser window.
4. Fill out the form that follows and ‘request blurring’ of your house.
5. That’s all you have to do! Click submit and Google should get back to you before too long.
Why not enjoy the lighter side of Google’s Street View with these 25 hilarious Google Street View sightings from Mashable?