The thought of having sex or having a holiday? No competition …
Aussies are more excited at the prospect of a holiday than they are at having sex – and not just by a little.
Research conducted by travel platform agoda.com revealed that the giddy feeling of excitement when you’re going on a holiday is the ultimate buzz for most Australians (57 per cent), beating sex (25 per cent), exercising (seven per cent), a big night out (six per cent) and consuming a strawberry dipped in chocolate (five per cent).
For Aussie women, the thought of having sex (13 per cent) is nothing compared to the thought of having a holiday (69 per cent). Aussie men are the same, although the gap between thinking about a holiday (45 per cent) and having sex (36 per cent) is, perhaps unsurprisingly, a little closer.
Highlights of the survey include:
- Aussies over 55 – 64 per cent say they get their greatest buzz from a holiday, compared to 46 per cent of 18–24 year olds
- 45–54 year olds get a bigger buzz from sex (30 per cent) compared to 20 per cent of 18–24 year olds
- New South Wales, Western Australia and Victoria – 59 per cent get their biggest buzz from the thought of a holiday
- more South Australians gets a buzz from the anticipation of sex at 28 per cent, versus Queensland and Western Australia at 27 per cent, New South Wales 23 per cent and Victoria 21 per cent.
Which gives you a bigger buzz? What's stopping you from doing both at the same time?
If you enjoy our content, don’t keep it to yourself. Share our free eNews with your friends and encourage them to sign up.
Join YOURLifeChoices, it’s free
- Receive our daily enewsletter
- Enter competitions
- Comment on articles