Tollroad tags

YOURLifeChoices subscriber, Neville, is interested in getting a toll road tag for his car, but is unsure if it will cover him for interstate trips, or if he even needs an electronic tag.

Q. I would like to know about the gadgets one places on the dash or behind the rear vision mirror which records when one drives on a toll road.
I have not bought one and do not know whether to do so, as I can avoid toll roads around Brisbane for the few times I travel through.
One of my mates has one and assures me it covers him for interstate trips as well as all the toll roads around Brisbane. Is he correct? If so, where do I purchase one of these gadgets and at what price?

A. Hi Neville,

Electronic tags are used to travel on toll roads Australia-wide thanks to agreements in place between the separate entities operating these toll roads in different states. For example, if you have a Queensland toll road tag (go viatag), it will operate on the Victorian Citylink toll roads.

While these tags are convenient, if you are not a regular user of toll roads, you can purchase day passes available at all relevant states websites or operating stores depending on where you are travelling.

To apply for an electronic tag or for more information, select your state below.

Click here for an application form.

More information about the covered toll roads.

For more information about go viatag.

Apply for a go viatag.

New South Wales

For more information about RTA E-Toll tags, click here.

To open an RTA E-Toll tag account online at myE-Toll, click here.

Leave a Reply

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

War memorials online

Is Australia a racist country