Best served al dente, this pappardelle pasta dish by Swedish chef Niklas Ekstedt comes with a simple sauce of butter, sage and pine nuts. Fuss-free and delicious.
Pasta al dente with sage, butter and pine nuts recipe
- 400g pappardelle, dried
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8-10 sage leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 50g Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Black pepper for serving
1. Cook the pasta al dente, according to the instructions on the packaging. Drain and leave to steam thoroughly.
2. Thinly slice the garlic.
3. Brown the butter slightly and add the sage and garlic.
4. Add the pasta and mix thoroughly.
5. Serve with Parmesan shavings, toasted pine nuts, extra finely sliced sage and freshly ground black pepper.
Happy Food For Life by Niklas Ekstedt and Henrik Ennart, photography by David Loftus, is published by Bloomsbury Publishing. Available now.
What is your favourite pasta recipe? Do you have sage growing in your garden?
– With PA
If you enjoy our content, don’t keep it to yourself. Share our free eNews with your friends and encourage them to sign up.