“With sweet pumpkin spiced with chilli and creamy mozzarella, the combinations of textures and flavours in this dish are so wonderful,” says food writer Clodagh McKenna.
“It couldn’t be more simple and easy to make – a great quick-fix supper. You can swap out the pumpkin for any type of squash you like.”
Roast Pumpkin, Mozzarella and Chilli
- 1 small pumpkin, deseeded and cut into 5cm-thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 x 150g mozzarella balls, drained
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
2. Place the pumpkin in a baking tray or roasting dish. Brush with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until browned at the edges.
3. Divide the cooked pumpkin wedges between two plates. Tear the mozzarella into small pieces and scatter over the pumpkin, followed by the thinly sliced chilli. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil and the balsamic vinegar to serve.
Clodagh’s Weeknight Kitchen by Clodagh McKenna is published by Kyle Books. Photography by Dora Kazmierak.
What’s your favourite way to eat pumpkin? How often do you eat vegetarian dinners?
– With PA
If you enjoy our content, don’t keep it to yourself. Share our free eNews with your friends and encourage them to sign up.