Time: 30 minutes
Our Tomato, Bean and Avocado Salad is great for the warmer months. It’s easy to make, good for you and great for family barbecues and picnics. It also goes nicely with a glass of white wines.
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut lengthwise
- 300g French green beans, topped, blanched, refreshed and drained
- flesh of 2 avocados, cut into twelfths, lengthwise
- 1/4 cup good quality white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- sea salt flakes, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to tatse
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and poppy seeds until blended then transfer the dressing to a smaller bowl. Add the beans and tomatoes to the large bowl and dress with a little of the vinaigrette. Add the avocados, a little more vinaigrette, some salt and pepper. Toss gently until all coated.