Another Australian favourite will be leaving supermarket shelves

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jan Fisher
      Keymaster

Going the way of caramel Paddle Pops, Starburst babies, Sunnyboys and Red Tulip after dinner mints, Lift soft drink is going to be gradually phased out by its manufacturers Coca-Cola Australia.
      Coca Cola said it had “listened to its customers”. Really? People are ringing up Coca Cola and saying they don’t want Lift anymore?
      Anyway, Coca Cola will be replacing Lift with a new Sprite Lemon+ which will contain caffeine, unlike Lift, and it’s already hit supermarket shelves.
      If you want to grab it before it’s gone forever, the ready-to-drink formats will be phased out by the end of September except for the glass 330ml which will stay until the end of the year.
      I know there is a certain section of the population i.e. those who regularly suffer from the ‘cocktail flu’, who will be mourning its passing.

Are you a Lift lover? What products that you loved are no longer available?

Stephen Matthews
      Participant

Honey Snap biscuits (Arnotts, I think) made for a decadent Honey Snap log dessert…dipped in liquor (port, brandy etc.), stacked on their sides on a bed of fresh whipped cream, sandwiched together with more cream then, when long enough, battered over with cream and a crushed Flake sprinkled on top. Oh so good with after-dinner port and coffee!

KSS
      Participant

Notice it is all junk stuff that is disappearing? Good thing too IMO.

We don’t ‘need’ these nutrition-free zones. Only yesterday we had an article saying obesity-related cancer has quadrupled in the last 40 years. It’s junk like these that are partially responsible for the increase in obesity and all its associated ills.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.