Are you a ‘paragraph texter’?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Have you heard of the term ‘paragraph texting’? It’s the practice of sending lengthy text messages composed of multiple paragraphs. Some view it as a nuisance, while others see it as a way to express themselves more freely and thoroughly.

In other words, some like and some don’t.

‘Paragraph texting’ can be seen as an invasion of our time. Some people like brief text messages that get straight to the point. A wall of text can be overwhelming.

For those who struggle with small screens, reading lengthy texts can be a challenge. They require constant scrolling and increased concentration.

Can we blame modern ‘woke-ness’ for the rise in paragraph texting? Some say it allows for the full expression of thought and emotion. It can help when discussing complex topics or sharing personal experiences. Some argue that it enhances communication by adding depth and detail to our conversations. It can encourage more meaningful connections as we share our stories and ideas.

One thing is for sure – we’re seeing fewer messages with limited character counts and more messages written in a more expressive writing style.

“It allows us to open up and truly connect with one another, bridging the gap between face-to-face conversations and online interactions,” says one paragraph texter.

The rise of paragraph texting has sparked debates about our communication habits. Some find it annoying and time-consuming, but others value deeper conversations and emotional connection.

Do you view ‘paragraph texting’ as a nuisance or a good thing? Are you a paragraph texter or do you like short texts?

Andrew Davies
      Participant

I tend to be a paragraph texter because some things can’t be explained in 144 characters. However, I do write first, then edit back to try and shorten. My view is anything longer than a screen-full is possibly too long.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.