Aussie scone named world’s best

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Brad Lockyer
      Keymaster

Renowned UK-based travel writer Andrea Black is reporting the world’s best scone can now be found in a tiny coastal town in New South Wales.

Black stumbled upon this delightful revelation just north of Port Macquarie at Ricardoes Tomatoes, a charming strawberry and tomato farm that boasts a quaint café for tourists called Red.

“Can a scone melt in your mouth? Can a scone be as light as a billowing cloud yet exude a buttery tastiness? Can a scone be so delicious that days later you find yourself planning a two-hour return trip for more?” Black questioned.

The answer, she confidently declared, was a resounding yes.

Despite hailing from the scone-loving nation of Great Britain, Black admitted that she had never tasted a scone as divine as the one served at Red.

“I don’t claim to be a scone expert, but I’ve been a long-time fan,” she confessed. “I’ve savored scones at various morning and afternoon teas in England and even sampled some of the finest Scottish scones at my granny’s home near Edinburgh.”

Do you know this café? Are the scones really that good?

ronloby
      Participant

Where is the recipe please?

Margaret
        Participant

I know, right? Why are we constantly bombarded with these little snippets that leave out the most important information!?!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.