Aussie spot named among world’s must-visit regions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Brad Lockyer
      Keymaster

South Australia’s Kangaroo Island has been named in second spot in Lonely Planet’s Top 10 Must-Visit Regions for 2024.

The isolated island was only beaten by the Trans Dinarica bicyle trail, a bike path that winds its way through several Balkan countries.

The famous travel guide gushed about the island that was ravaged by bushfires just three years ago.

“Deceptively vast with a ridiculous amount of stunning coastline, Kangaroo Island invites guests to indulge in its unique local produce, encounter adorable wildlife and discover some of the country’s best beaches,” the guide reads.

Rounding out the top 10 must-visit destinations were: Tuscany, Italy; Donegal, Ireland; Pais Vasco, Spain; Southern Thailand; Swahili Coast, Tanzania; Montana, USA; Saafelden Leogang, Austria and Far North Scotland.

Have you ever been to Kangaroo Island?

Marten
      Participant

I would rather spend my holidays in the various other destinations listed. Kangaroo Island is also far too expensive when travelling by ferry as well as the accommodation provided on the island.

ronloby
      Participant

SA the Best.

Wayne Lucas
      Participant

Tasmania and all it has to offer is a great place to visit. We spent 3 months there and couldn’t complete the whole state. Huge amounts of things to see.

Sue Bailey
      Participant

I’ve been around Australia, and have found Tassie the best state to visit.

I’ve also been to the UK & Ireland, and agree with Donegal being on the list – it was amazing! Did it on a Sunday, and want to go back and spend some more time there.

In my opinion, Ben Bulben in Ireland (a little further south), was absolutely spectacular. Drove around the inside of it before going to visit WB Yeates’ grave. A stunning part of the Irish west coast.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.