Australia Post increases rates for sending letters

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Brad Lockyer
      Keymaster

Australia Post has written to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) to officially inform it of proposed price changes to its reserved ordinary letter service.

Effective 3 April, the basic rate to send an ordinary letter will rise 30 cents from $1.20 to $1.50. Larger letters will still be priced based on weight.

“Australia Post has a responsibility to maintain an accessible letters service for all Australians,” CEO Paul Graham says in the letter.

He also noted prices will not change for concession card holders.

“The price of the concession stamp has not increased since it was introduced in 2014. In addition to this, the seasonal small letter greeting card rate will continue to be offered at 65 cents.”

The Bronze Anzac
      Participant

It would be interesting to see a graph showing the declining rate of ordinary letters delivered over the last 10 or more years, as well as the number of P.O. boxes in use.

annie
      Participant

Majority of mail is now sent electronically. I’m waiting for the big burst of energy that knocks out all electronic equipment. I’m good. I’ve still go a dial up phone in the cupboard, unfortunately, I don’t have a phone book should I need to ring someone. It’s go to happen, we just keep getting further down the rabbit hole and reverse will not be an option.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
[snax_content]

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.