“Bloody beetroot!”

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Claire Halliday

Spotted at the number nine position on an international travel bloggers list of 17 iconic Aussie foods?
      Beetroot.
      Or, as the blogger calls it: “Bloody beetroot”.
      That’s two words this particular visitor to our shores uttered often when encountering beetroot included in burgers and sandwiches across the country. And it’s clear they are NOT a fan.
      The curators behind this recipe list would obviously disagree with the public denouncement of this purple foodstuff.
      Me? I love it on sandwiches and burgers. And in salads, and roasted … and pretty much any which-way.
      But my favourite has to be beetroot chips dipped in tzatziki. How about you?

Do you order your burgers and shop-made sandwiches with beetroot? Do you always have a tin in the pantry? Or do you stick to fresh beetroot and some fancier food stylings? Share your “bloody beetroot” thoughts or recipes in the comments below.

Sue Bailey
      Participant

I love ‘bloody beetroot’. I’ve been eating it for as long as I can remember. Mum’s home-cooked was the best.

I definitely have it on sandwiches, burgers (whenever I can), and in salads.

Forget all this ‘green’ stuff, and dressings! I detest it (it bloats me so much that I feel like I’m like 9 months pregnant), Give me a salad of tomatoes (still pink, and definitely not as red as it gets- too acidic), beetroot (and lots of it), carrot, celery, pineapple, corn, boiled egg, cold boiled potatoes (not with any dressing), cold peas, and sometimes (when I feel like it), asparagus.

Rod63
      Participant

Ridiculous!! Beetroot is so yummy, why would you not want it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.