Do both shots in the same arm give better protection against COVID?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

There may be an added benefit to getting COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters in the same arm, says a German study.

The study found the number of protective “killer T cells” was higher in those who received the mRNA vaccine and booster shot in the same arm.

Around 67% of cases in which both shots were administered in the same arm had the presence of killer T cells, compared to 43% of cases where different arms were used.

So receiving vaccinations in the same arm may provide better protection, says Laura Ziegler, a doctoral student at Saarland University.

Same-arm vaccinations may also be more effective because the immune response cells are localised in the lymph nodes.

However, it is important to note that the study authors acknowledge the need for further research to establish whether same-arm vaccinations are genuinely more effective for COVID-19 shots and sequential vaccinations for other diseases like the flu.

What are your thoughts on this study? Do you believe there should be more emphasis on administering vaccinations in the same arm? Did you get both shots in the same arm?

Peter Sutton
      Participant

I have now had my sixth COVID vaccination, I also have a flu shot every year and I am vaccinated for Shingles, Tetanus and other illnesses. I always have the injections in the same arm. That’s my personal preference.

I think there should be more research. Anything which will give medicine a boost in dealing with diseases should be examined.

I have been a volunteer for many studies over the years, all of which have strict ethical standards and parameters.

Having been involved, I trust research.

KSS
        Participant

I’d suggest that most people would have periodic vaccines in the same arm – usually not the one they lead with. It is more likely that people would use both arms only when they need multiple vaccines at the same time that cannot be given in the same needle e.g. currently COVID and flu can be given at the same time in different arms although it will not be long before a combination vaccine is available.

SGW
      Participant

Why do you promote getting a Convid jab, it has been proved to do more harm than good, you only have to go on Government and Health department websites from around the world and Pfizer’s own website to see that these jabs have currently killed upwards of 20 million people plus those poor people that have been irreparably and permanently damaged by having these so called vaccines. People need to wake up and stop believing Governments and their lackey scientists and do some research, as George Carlin would say “Question everything”

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.