Company gesture shouldn’t have shocked, but it did

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Janelle Ward

I bought salt and pepper grinders in the last Boxing Day sales –Coles & Mason, a good name.
      The pepper grinder packed it in last month and when I went to retrieve the receipt from my ‘impeccable’ filing system, I couldn’t find it anywhere.
      I was upset – the grinders have a guarantee. I googled the parent company– it was in the UK – and sent a complaint plus a photo. I expected to hear nothing. Within days, I had received a response from the Australian distributor asking for my postal address – so they could send a replacement.
      And a new set duly arrived.
      I was, frankly, gobsmacked.
      Sometimes it pays to give it a go. Have you had any similar experiences?

Pacahawi
      Participant

About a year ago, I bought a BBQ chick from Coles, Wallsend, NSW.
      When I opened the pack at home, I found a wing missing.
      Next visit to Coles, I spoke to a staff member on the Information Desk, telling them the wing was missing and that I thought if it had dropped and could not be put in the bag, the chicken should have been sold with say, a $1 discount and a mention of the missing wing, and that it was wrong to sell a part chicken for a whole chicken price.
      She spoke to her superior who said they would replace it.
      I thought I would be getting a BBQ wing, but they gave me a whole BBQ chicken.
      Wow! I wasn’t expecting that, but very thankful – and sooo impressed with their response!
      Bless ’em! 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.