Fifteen Minute Cities

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      retep
      Participant

Hi has anybody heard of these , Fifteen Minute Cities , it appears Dan would prefer twenty minute cities but that byethebye .
      Apparently it’s happening all around the world and Oxford,UK , seems first off the rank

Cities will be divided so that persons living in those zones need only fifteen minutes to get to all necessary facilities
      The zones will have boundaries under security , face recognition , and persons need a permit to move out of their zone
      The forms of transport are bike , walk or public transport – cars need special permits

This sounds frightening to me but it is interesting that Dan was not against his public service working from home

Martin
      Participant

Hello! Interesting idea. So far, I don’t know anything about this.

This is the first time that I’ve read about this. We need this idea not only here in Australia but in other parts of the globe as well. For example, countries like Bangladesh and India can surely make use of this idea and can immediately have an impact as people will be able to save time and effort from going to one point to another especially that these countries do have cities that are really highly-congested due to overpopulation.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.