“F**k vegans”: Top chef bans vegans from Perth restaurant

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ellie Baxter

Top Aussie chef John Mountain has banned all vegans from his restaurant in Connoly, Perth after an ugly dispute with a customer split the internet.
      The chef took to Instagram on Tuesday to announce that vegans won’t be catered to at his restaurant Fyre.

“Sadly all vegans are now banned from Fyre (for mental health reasons),” he wrote. “We thank you for your understanding. Xx.”

The ban reportedly came after a diner complained about the lack of vegan options and was charged $32 for a vegetable dish that was “okay but not that filling”.

The young woman also added a personal attack against Mr Mountain and said that his lack of accommodation showed his “shortcomings as a chef”.
      She also added that she’s seen many restaurants come and go from that building and none of them last. “If you don’t get with the times, I don’t hold out faith that your restaurant will be the one that does.”

Mr Mountain accepted the complaint but not the personal attack, so he replied: “Thanks for your negative review… please feel free to share your experience and I look forward to not seeing you again.”
      “How very childish. You and all your vegan mates can all go and enjoy your dishes in another venue. You are now banned.”

stevo
      Participant

Good on him, it’s his choice if he doesn’t want to offer vegan options.

David Watherston
      Participant

The sign in my shed reads:
      WARNING – VERBOTEN
      Uninvited VEGANS found on this property
      without reason and not on a leash
      may be
      detained without notice
      held until required for food
      then humanely slaughtered
      skinned, cooked and served
      with delicious baked vegetables.
      Probably a little harsh but that wise man, Homer Simpson stated that if God wanted us to be vegetarians, why did he make animals out of MEAT?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.