Has the passport office turned things around?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jan Fisher
      Keymaster

I applied for a passport recently as mine is due to expire in February and who knows, I might have to do some last-minute overseas travelling. I won’t, but I thought it a good idea to get it done anyway with advice saying it can take up to six weeks to be processed and even then, sometimes people were forced to go to the passport office and pick it up.

Well, the good news is happy travellers it took a week!

Here’s cheers to the passport office for turning it around. Now if they could just make me look less like a criminal in my photo (no, really, this time it’s bad, I look so dodgy I’m surprised they even let me have a passport) I’d be completely happy.

Sue Ridge
      Participant

Thanks Jan Fisher for taking the time to show appreciation for a job well done. Fora tend to be all about sinking the slipper and highlighting bad service. We need more people like you.

Jan Fisher
        Keymaster

Thanks Sue, I was so surprised when it turned up on Tuesday after dropping the paperwork off on the previous Monday. I’m a great believer in praising good service.

leoniey
      Participant

Same happened to my partner. We were told by others that it had apparently blown out to “up to 3 months wait”. Imagine our surprise to receive his passport just over a week after applying. Curious as to the misinformation, but happy none the less.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.