How to get the best blueberries at the supermarket

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Brad Lockyer
      Keymaster

Influencer Meredith Alston has shared her hack for making sure she gets the freshest blueberries at the supermarket. She told Seniors Discount Club she learned the ‘trick’ from her husband.

“Whenever my husband buys berries, they last so much longer and taste so much better than the ones that I buy,” she says.

Ms Alston explained that her husband’s secret was to flip the plastic berry punnet over to find which ones don’t stick to the bottom.

If berries have started to stick to the bottom, that’s a sign that the berries have started to decompose.

Where you aware of this trick?

Mondo
      Participant

I live in one of the biggest blueberry growing regions of Australia and I have never eaten a blueberry since I have lived here. When you see and smell what is regularly sprayed onto this fruit you would wonder about the real health effects. I would suggest the purchase of only genuine organic blueberries.

Taragosun
      Participant

Grow your own blueberries. They are a small bush, generally grown in pots (as I do) and they produce hundreds of delicious, chemical free, blueberries.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.