How to master one-minute microwaved scrambled eggs

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I was looking for scrambled egg tips and I came across this a one-minute, single-serving scrambled egg made in the microwave.

Now, I’m a sceptic when it comes to microwave cooking, but this one somehow worked.

Here’s how to do it:

• Grab a 2 cup glass measuring cup and melt a small amount of butter in it
    • Add a dash of cream, or you can use milk (the recipe also said water may work)
    • Add a large egg and a pinch of salt and beat well.
    • Next, microwave on high for about one minute, but stir every 15 seconds (this is where I learnt that the one-minute cooking time was false advertising).

If you’re inclined, you can add some cheese in the last 15-second cycle.

Okay, so I’ve done this once and it worked, but I still prefer cooking in a pan. How about you? Do you have any microwave egg cooking tips? Or are you a stickler for pan-cooked eggs?

Annabell12
    Participant

I’ve been making scrambled eggs in microwave for longer than I can remember. A bowl, grease with some butter add 2 eggs about 4 tablespoons of cream usually thickened, add some black pepper, add some shallots or seasoning of choice. Mix with fork and microwave on high for about 1 minute 5 or 10 seconds. Usually stir a little at about 50 seconds. I like mine soft and creamy, hubby likes his a little farm. No salt for us but that’s a matter of choice. Quick and easy every time. Enjoy 😊

val phillis
    Participant

Me too! I have done microwaved eggs for a long time. Having worked as a PCA in home assistance aged care I often made Micro scrambled eggs for a quick breakfast for my elderly clients. So easy,,, so nice. I usually microwave for 2 minutes (2 eggs, a little milk or cream and butter) so quick!

• Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.