Is your phone harming you?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Brad Lockyer
      Keymaster

Authorities in France have banned the sale of a specific mobile phone – the Apple iPhone 12, after tests revealed the phones exceed European Union (EU) radiation exposure limits.

France’s radiation watchdog, the Agence Nationale des Frequences (ANFR), has banned sales of Apple’s iPhone 12 after tests revealed that the smartphone exceeded the legal Specific Absorption Rate (SAR), which measures the rate of radiofrequency energy absorbed by the body.

France’s junior minister for the digital economy, Jean-Noel Barrot, suggested that a software update could rectify the issue. However, if Apple fails to address the problem, the ANFR has stated that a recall of the device in France may be necessary.

Apple, on the other hand, disputes the watchdog’s conclusions and asserts that the iPhone 12 is compliant with global radiation standards, as certified by multiple international bodies.

Do you own an iPhone 12?

Tinzy
      Participant

Yes and now I am scared I had to have a brain scan on Friday after a trip to the optometrist I get results tomorrow and am petrified 🥺

Janelle Ward

So sorry to hear that Tinzy. Got everything crossed for you.

Rod63
      Participant

Nope – have never had an iPhone and recommend others don’t either. Android is the way to go.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.