LACK OF RESPONSES IN DISCUSSION FORUM

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Doug
      Participant

LACK OF RESPONSES IN DISCUSSION FORUM
      I was a keen member of YOUR LIFE CHOICES some years ago. Back then any topic discussed would be flooded with responses from members which was interesting reading and beneficial with advice. For some reason something changed in the format and I was no longer able to see all the responses. I contacted YLC on a few occasions to find out why, but received no response. I then decided it was pointless staying a member and unsubscribed.
      after a few years I recently decided to give it another go. Unfortunately, the current format is nothing like the old one and still very little interactive discussion or responses to anything. I used to spend many hours reading replies and debates from other members, yet now that seems to be no longer the case.
      WHY??
      The strength of the old system which was flooded with peoples different points of view has totally disappeared.
      I am considering again, to unsubscribe as it appears to be no longer worth reading.

Virgo
      Participant

Doug …… How interesting! I have recently returned to YLC after having been absent for several years and I’m finding the same. It seems people are no longer interested in communicating in the forum. I won’t unsubscribe again but will return occasionally to see if it improves and if nothing chances I’ve lost nothing but a bit of time. Cheers

Hi Doug,
      It is a shame that the forum has lost ‘oomph’ but it’s passionate members like yourself who could play a big part in bringing it back. We’re open to suggestions as to what it will take to make it lively community. The YLC team is trying to provide good topics to talk about but it’s a member forum and that’s who we need to breathe new life back into this area of the site.
      Feel free to email us with suggestions or to make them on this thread. Same goes for anyone else who’s willing to share opinions!
      Thanks for your feedback and we hope you stick around.

ligia
      Participant

I’m new to YLC and don’t know the answer to the question asked. However, if I were using an interactive program and its format suddenly changed, that would be it for me. It seems IT professionals don’t realise or don’t care that “oldies” like to interact in familiar settings, and therefore this relentless drive to update/refresh (read: “change”) websites/email/govt.platforms is a total put-off.

I’m Myself
      Participant

I was on the old format some years back but left due to some bickering.
      As most of the topics discussed were interesting and informative I recently decided to return to see if the bickering had stopped, on returning I’ve found this current format, I’m finding it difficult to get around and it seems to be running ever so slow. Some of the members who are/were regulars can’t even get in here let alone try to find their way around. The home page is good, I have no problem with that, it’s the forum I’m having problems with. I’m aware that change takes time to get use to but as we age it takes even more time. I’m not sure of the answer, I’ll leave that for your IT department, I’m just saying this format is difficult to navigate. I will hang around and wait to see if there’s any improvement.

Mocha
      Participant

I agree that this new format for the forum is off putting. I did enjoy reading all of the threads on the old forum. But I was put off by a few regular people who would continually bicker and be rude to one another – that’s not needed in any discussion.

leoniey
      Participant

Agree with the previous comments. When they changed the format I could not see any comments, nor could I log on to comment. It was too difficult, so I would just read the articles from time to time, but missed the interaction of the old YLC.
      Now that I have finally worked it all out and am able to log on again, I too find it a little disappointing. NO more big discussions and banter back and forth. Not sure how to change it now as I assume most of the older group who contributed got fed up and left.
      Before making major changes – YLC should have tested them out first. Too late now 🙁

Farside
      Participant

my 2¢ worth … one person’s banter is another person’s bickering and the pile on when someone was provocative simply drove those contributors away without realising the forum would become oh so bland without them. You have the email addresses, contact them directly and invite them back.

From the Forum perspective, the default fonts should be looked at to make them more suitable for older people. Do you test changes with a user group sample before rolling them out.

KSS
      Participant

Once YLC outsourced the website and forum, just about all commentary ceased. It was very difficult to ‘reregister’, almost impossible for the site to remember log in details – I still have to log in every. single. time. even though I keep ticking the remember me box. Frankly it is just not worth the effort. And now you keep getting pop-up begging boxes almost demanding you take out a subscription and PAY for it, not withstanding the number of ads have increased at the same time as all the changes. It is just not worth it any more.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.